The Accelerated Bachelor of Science (ABS) program is for second-degree students who already possess a bachelor's degree outside of nursing. In just 12 months (May to May) of full-time study, ABS graduates are fully prepared to take the state board NCLEX licensing exam to become a registered nurse (RN).
The accelerated option offers the undergraduate nursing curriculum as an intensive, full-time, 12-month program designed for the mature, highly motivated, career-minded student who has already completed an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a field other than nursing.
How to Apply
Minimum requirements must be met for admission into the Accelerated BS option; however, it is expected successful applicants will exceed these basic requirements.
Complete both of the following applications:
- SUNY Application or UB Re-entry Application
- School of Nursing Application
- Apply to UB as early as possible since the School of Nursing cannot review your ABS application until your SUNY or UB Re-entry application is completed and all transcripts have been received. We recommend you complete your SUNY application no later than September 15.
- On the SUNY application use #1143 for the curriculum code and #20 for the campus code.
School of Nursing application:
- Applications for the ABS program are available starting August 15.
- The deadline to apply is October 1 to begin the following May.